Civil Aeronautics Board of the Philippines announced that international passenger traffic for the 1st quarter of 2016 reached 5.61 million in January to March, up from 5.34 million passengers in the same period last year. International carriers account for 2.65 million passengers while Philippine carriers flew 2.95 million international passengers.
Despite this modest growth, passenger traffic is still hampered by slot limitation at Ninoy Aquino International Airport, the country’s main gateway.
International Traffic (1st quarter of 2016)
- Philippine Airlines – 1.55 million passengers (up from 1.46 million)
- Cebu Pacific Air – 1.12 million passengers (from 837,942)
- Philippines AirAsia – 222,330
- PAL Express – 60,992
Domestic Traffic (1st quarter of 2016)
- Cebu Pacific Air – 3.03 million passengers
- PAL Express – 1.15 million passengers
- Philippines AirAsia – 657,102 passengers
- Philippine Airlines – 563,070 passengers
- CebGo – 377,096 passengers
- AirSwift – 33,515 passengers
- Magnum Air – 30,191 passengers
CAB earlier reported a 12-percent increase in domestic passengers to 5.84 million in the first quarter from 5.23 million a year ago.